Internal Quality Assurance Cell
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, it is essential that an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a quality sustenance measure has to be established. Hence, Swarnandhra Institute of Engineering & Technology (SIET) established the IQAC cell in the year 2013. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes a part of institution and works towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of the institution. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution to post-accreditation phase of SIET. The IQAC channelizes the efforts and takes appropriate measures to address the issues raised in the earlier cycle and measures to be taken by the institution to reach its ultimate goal of academic excellence.
Objectives of IQAC
To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
To promote measures for driving institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and institutionalization of best practices.
Strategies of IQAC
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of Society.
4. Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
5. The credibility of evaluation procedures.
6. Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and
7. Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Functions of IQAC
Some of the functions expected from IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
Benefits of IQAC
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell Committe:
|2||S.RAVI CHAND||Associate Professor||ECE||Coordinator|
|4||Mr. K.S.S.NARAYANA||Associate Professor||CSE||Member|
|5||Mr. G.BHASKARA RAO||Associate Professor||ME||Member|
|6||Mr.KNV NARASIMHA RAO||Assistant Professor||S & H||Member|
|7||Mr.NGS PRASAD||Associate Professor||MBA||Member|
Action taken Report 2014-2015
Action taken Report 2015-2016
Action taken Report 2016-2017