The Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) Committee promotes the special interests of students in the reserved category. It is expected to provide inputs in areas where students experience difficulties. The Committee regularly organizes interactive sessions and informal meetings with students to attend to their personal, social and academic problems. The committee ensures equality among all the staff and students by counselling and sensitizing the stakeholders to optimally utilise the benefits of the schemes offered by the Government of India.
- SC/ST Booklet (prepared by TISS)
- Ministry of Social Justice and empowerment
- List of Resolutions for Backward Classes
- List of Resolutions for Scheduled Caste Welfare
- Hand Book for Scheduled Tribes
- Scholarships for Reserved students: Government of India
- Schemes: Government of India
- National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation
1.To counsel and guide SC/ ST students and help them to manage academic and personal issues of college life effectively.
2.To ensure provisions of an environment where all such students feel safe and secure.
3.To provide prompt counselling for any emotional emergencies arising on account of any event at the campus.
4. To provide the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students, if any.
5. To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the Constitution of India.
6. To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the career growth.
7. To inform the SC/ST students regarding various scholarships program of State Govt. and UGC.
8.To take such follow up measures to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the Govt. of India and the UGC.
- To collect reports and information of State Govt. and UGC’s orders on various aspects of education, employment of SC/ST Students.
- To circulate State Govt. and UGC’s decisions about different scholarship programs.
- To communicate with the students and motivate them for better future planning.
Following are the committee members:
|S. No.||Name of Staff||Designation|
|1.||Dr. T. MADHU||Chairman|
|8.||K.VAMSI BABU||Student Member|