The main objective of establishing the Purchase Committee (PC) is to look after the procurement of various equipments and systems that are required to be established in the laboratories in college. As the college is affiliated to JNTUK, Kakinada and it is mandatory to establish all the labs prescribed in the curriculum, the role of PC becomes crucial in procuring the various equipment required to establish and maintain the laboratories.
The roles and responsibilities of the PC:
- Explore and capitalize on all legally permissible opportunities for cost reduction on purchase of materials.
- Ensure suppliers adhere strictly to brand or make and test specifications of those materials and equipment received meet specified quality standards and all stated performance criteria.
- Seek clarification from suppliers/service providers where necessary.
- To analyze quotations provided by the logistics department, and provide recommendation for approval.
- To ensure all documentation is accurately completed.
- The PC should also be assigned a role within the supplier pre-processing process.
- Establish and maintain good relations with suppliers.
- Implement buyer rotation plan.
- To ensure the Quality of the equipment received.
Composition of the Purchase Committee:
|1||Dr S RAMESH BABU||Secretary & Correspondent||President|
|2||Mr.A SRIHARI||Director||Purchase Officer|
|4||Mr V MADHU||HOD/EEE||Coordinator|
|5||Mr V Srinivas||HOD/ECE||Member|
|6||Dr P Sreenivasulu||HOD/ME||Member|
|7||Dr T Murali Mohan||HOD/CSE||Member|
|8||Mr N G S Prasad||HOD/MBA||Member|
Purchase Committee - Click Here