There is a Library Management Committee constituted with the Principal as its Chairperson and members from different academic departments. The Committee extends advice and suggests new ideas from time to time regarding the developmental activities of the Library. The purpose of the Library Committee is to act as a channel of communication between the Institute Library and its users. It shall assist in developing operational procedures, suggest various measures for improvement and development of the Library resources and formulate both personnel and fiscal policies. It shall strive to inculcate the enriching habit of reading books in a technologically enabled and intellectual atmosphere. Role and Responsibility
- Purchase of Library Material e material and reading devices
- Provision and upkeep of Reading Room
- Reference SectionAccess
- Working Hours, Extended Hours & Holidays
- Current Students,Alumni,visitor/community
- Book Issue, Issue Period
- Facility-Reprography & Internet connectivity
- Book Bank
- Linkages to other Libraries
- Stock Checking
Powers and Functions of Library Committee:
1. To consider policy matters regarding Central Library/Departmental libraries including the policy for procurement of books and journals and render advice to the Purchase Committee for Library procurements.
2. To look into day to day problems of the Library clientele, Library staff and send recommendations to the Principal.
3. To supervise the allocation and utilization of funds for different departments for purchase of books and journals for the Central and Departmental libraries.
4. To maintain liaison between Central Library and various Academic Departments for the purchase of networking of Departmental libraries with the Central Library.
5. To consider and put forward the views of faculty members regarding books/journals selection, ordering process etc.
6. To consider and put forward the views of Students and faculty regarding their problems and solutions sought thereof.