Effective strategic planning requires identifying and implementing strategies that will move Swarnandhra Institute of Engineering and Technology to a better desired future as an educational institution on the West Godavari region in the state of Andhra Pradesh. Strategic planning a continuous process involves planning, implementing, assessing outcomes and using results and lessons learned for further planning, revising and modifying of the strategies.
Measurement and assessment are key to strategic planning. Therefore, identifying key indicators for sub-goals and identifying responsible divisions/units will ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of outcomes. The Institution should focus on a few but bold sub goals and strategies. Resources, including funds and time, are limited. Therefore, prioritizing of strategies and focusing on those that have the potential of being game changers are critical. Since the execution of strategies is at the college or departmental level, the strategic planning process has to be participatory to ensure shared vision, as well as shared ownership and commitment to the plan by stakeholders throughout the Institution.
The Institute has created the Strategy document through a detailed consultation process with stakeholders during 2019-2023. The document was discussed in department faculty meetings and alumni inputs were taken. The document was significantly modified to take into account the inputs received.
Strategic Plan 2019–2023:
- Obtaining 2nd cycle of NAAC Accreditation.
- Obtaining NBA Accreditation for ECE, CSE and Mechanical Engineering.
- Monitor Teaching Learning process and adapting innovative delivery methods.
- Conduct Faculty Development Programs on emerging technologies and increasing the number of journal and conference publications.
- Enhancing the student’s communication skills.
- Increase the number of participation in online certification courses.
- Planning to introduce certificate courses, workshops, short term courses and internships.
- Improving the security and discipline in the campus. Students must maintain strict discipline in classrooms, examinations, tests, quizzes, assignments, and all other segments of academic work
- Encourage R&D and Consultancy, Establishing advanced / research labs / centres, setting up new experiments on latest technologies.
- Develop, strengthen, and implement academic programs that are responsive to the college mission and are systematically reviewed for quality, relevance, and excellence to meet the challenges of a highly competitive and global workforce.
- Enhance institute infrastructure to accommodate increase in intake, research, economic development, technology development and transfer.
- To contribute to an enhanced quality of life in the region; and facilitate sustainable domestic and international economic development and competitiveness.
CONFIDENCE: Ronald E Osborn quotes “Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow”. It is truly put in implementation as nothing can be achieved without confidence. Confidence building helps us to turn students multifaceted not just in rhetoric but in reality.
EMPOWERMENT: We consider students’ readiness level while giving them challenging tasks. It is a strategy that the more choices we offer students, the more empowered they will be to take ownership in their learning. One of the best ways we do to empower students is to give them some responsibility like completion of class room jobs and service projects. However, by doing so, we may just end up with a classroom filled with motivated and engaged students.
DISCIPLINE: Discipline is the potential to do what is right for us . It is the only tool that discriminates human and animal behavior. A disciplinarian will enforce a stricter set of rules that are aimed at developing students according to theories of order and discipline.
EXCELLENCE: Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better. It does not come accidentally but comes only with hard work. We endeavor to think out of the box and deliver maximum value to all our stakeholders, promote continuous improvement and encourage interdepartmental collaboration.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We take full responsibility of our actions and accountable for them. We take responsibility for personal and professional growth and ensure that our work adds value to our college and society.
Governance And Leadership - Click Here